Event Details - 2015
- Race Date: October 4, 2015
- Start Time: The race starts at 7:30 a.m. at Grafton High School.
- The Course: The Lakefront Marathon is a USAT&F Certified Course that starts at Grafton High School (about one mile west of I-43). This flat and scenic point-to-point course travels south through rural countryside, quiet North shore neighborhoods and finishes along the shores of Lake Michigan north of the Milwaukee Art Museum at Veterans Park. The Lakefront Marathon is a Boston Marathon qualifying course . Check out the Course Map.
- The Lakefront Marathon serves as the Road Race Committee of America's State Championship as well as the state of Wisconsin USATF championship race.
- Prize Money: Male and Female open first - third places ($500/$300/$100 respectively), and 1st masters finishers male and female ($100) and 1st male and female 50+ ($100).
- Perks: Marathon - Long sleeve technical fabric shirt. All - Finish line party.
- Registration Fees: Individuals - $80 until filled. (No Race Day registration for anyone.) Limited to the first 3500 individuals. Note that in 2014 the marathon filled in mid-April.
- Expo and Packet Pickup: The expo will be held at the Italian Community Center, which is located at 631 E Chicago St in Milwaukee's Historic Third Ward. Expo hours are from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 3. We will have 30 or more booths - including national vendors. All marathon participants MUST pick up their packets at the expo. Bring a photo ID. You can have someone else pick up your packet. This is the link to the packet pickup authorization form. The person that you authorize to pick up your packet must bring this form with them as well as a copy of your ID and a copy of their own ID. Do not mail the authorization form to us!
- Timing: MyLaps™ Bib Tag (Timing tag is attached to the back of the race number.)
- Clydesdale/Athena Division: Men over 195 pounds and women over 145 pounds can compete in special "Clydesdale/Athena" divisions. Please indicate this division on the entry form.
- Awards: Awards will be given to the Overall Male, Female, Male Masters, Female Masters and Wheelchair winners. In addition, awards will be given to the top three in the following divisions (One award per person):
MALE - 3 Deep:18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79, 80+ and Clydesdale.
FEMALE - 3 Deep:18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69; 70-79, 80+ and Athena.
ALL FINISHERS: Special Lakefront Marathon medals will be given at the finish line to all marathon finishers.
Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon Awards Ceremony will be at 12:15 pm on Sunday, October 4. For those who are unable to stay for the Awards Ceremony, please send a check or money order for $7.50 with name, mailing address, gender, age group to Judy Springer, 2701 North 68th St, Milwaukee, WI 53210. All award requests are due by Saturday, October 31, 2015. Awards will be mailed after due date.
- Splits: Split times will be announced at each mile. Digital clocks will be at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 13.1, 15, 20 and 25 miles.
- Aid Stations: Water and Gatorade, the “Official Thirst Quencher”, and friendly volunteers will be available at 13 locations – consult the Runner’s Guide.
- Finish Line Refreshments: Plenty of food, water, soda and beer will be available at the finish area. (Runners only please!)
- Restrictions: Absolutely no support vehicles, animals, bicycles, baby joggers, skateboards, roller skates, in-line skates, roller skis or other wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs) will be permitted on the race course. Runners receiving aid from any of the aforementioned vehicles will be subject to disqualification. Early starts are prohibited and will result in disqualification. All participants must display their race number – in its entirety – at all times. Headphones (Mp3, radio, phone, etc.) are allowed but strongly discouraged. Persons competing for prize money, USATF, and/or RRCA awards MAY NOT wear headphones/portable listening devices. Marathon officials reserve the right to disqualify any runner for inappropriate action or behavior – including failure to heed the directions of a race official and littering.
- Starting Area: The Grafton High School facilities will be open at 6:00 a.m. to runners and their guests prior to the start. Additional toilet facilities and an aid station will also be provided. Note: The starting time is now 7:30 a.m.!
- Transportation to the Start: Parking and bus loading for runners will be at the Italian Community Center, 631 E Chicago St. Continuous bus service from the ICC to the starting line will be available to all runners from 5:15 a.m. to 6:15 a.m. There is no charge for this transportation. If driving to the start yourself, please allow adequate time as congestion near Grafton High School can be expected. Participants are urged to park at the ICC and take a bus to the start. We cannot provide transportation back to the start area after the race for marathon participants.
You can also contact the race director at email@example.com.